Just chilling like a Penguin


Namastey,
The magical season is almost here, when we have dark and beautiful textured sky, along with twinkly glittery stars, cozy breezy winter, houses and streets decorated with lights, candles, christmas trees, reindeers, beautiful stars and here the most relaxing, joyful and beautiful festival of Christmas.

I have had the most amazing memories with Christmas since childhood. I have always decorated Christmas tree in my house and wrote a note about what I wanted for Christmas and kept it under cute little Santa socks. My mom used to always tell me that Santa would come home on 24th December, midnight and keep the gift I always demanded and on the day of Christmas I always found the gift I ever wanted by my Santa (parents). They always made me believe in the magic of Christmas and the same has been happening since the past 27 years of my life. 

This is my very first time that I have ever made a Christmas card for a very close childhood friend of my father, who always invited us home for Christmas and made us enjoy the festival with a lot of wine, dine, music, dancing, fun games , yummy food and cake and a lot of crazy jokes and memories.


I wanted to make something different this time, as I am chilling these days like penguin, so I though why not celebrate with penguins this time wearing a Santa hat. For the image, I have used a digital stamp by Whimsy Stamps and printed it on a Kraft sheet and colored it using my Prisma color pencils (early christmas gift from my Santa). It is not easy to color on a Kraft sheet but it is definitely a lot of fun and different from the rest, it has its own beauty and charm.



I have taken a red color cardstock, sprayed Frozen Jask Frost from Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst to get the shimmer look in the background and used a heat tool to heat set it and distressed the red cardstock using the edge Distresser from Ranger.



To form layers on my card, I have used patterned paper which I had purchased from Itsy Bitsy of DVWV using the Christmas & Winter 180 stack (value pack) , some die cuts, mdf and honey comb textured fabric



To add sentiment, I have heat embossed using white embossing powder on the sentiment - Lets Celebrate from JustRite Clear using Sentimental Damask - Vintage Labels Eight and to give it a complete look I have added white daisy, pollens, leaves and Stars been stamped and embellished with Glossy Accent and added Rock Candy to add shimmer on the project.




If you liked my card, do leave some love in the comments section below and here is the final look of my card.



I would like to submit my card in the following challenges-

1) Paru's Card Making Challene 


2)  RCS Challenge #8 : Xmas Joy






Comments

Popular Posts